Planning your Wedding Itinerary
Posted on 24th July 2022
He proposed and you said yes. Congratulations! It is an exciting phase of your life, and you are looking forward to planning your wedding itinerary. Wedding planning is no small feat, and through the entire process, you will be sharing a lot of beautiful moments with your fiancé, your friends and your family.
Pros of DIY Wedding Planning
- You have complete control over every aspect of the event.
- You can add personal touches to your wedding.
- While package weddings can be rigid and set, with a DIY wedding, you can make it your own.
- Wedding planners can be pricey, so DIY wedding planning can save you some money.
Cons of DIY Wedding Planning
- You will have to do everything, which can put a strain on you.
- DIY wedding planning can be extremely stressful.
- It can end up costing you more as you may have to buy everything yourself, whereas when you hire a wedding planner, you get access to everything without investing on anything.
Tips for Planning a Wedding Itinerary
If the very thought of wedding planning seems overwhelming, we share some of our top tips on planning an itinerary for your wedding.
- 12 months out – Outline your budget, create a guest list, choose your theme, choose the venue and choose a caterer.
- 11 months out – Pick a colour palette and hire a DJ and photographer.
- 10 months out – Begin the hunt for your wedding dress, book hotel rooms, take engagement photos and begin your research for invitations.
- 9 months out – Book your wedding dress and begin sending Save the Dates
- 8 months out – Create a gift registry, choose the dresses for bridesmaids and begin searching for florists in Newcastle.
- 7 months out – Book a venue for the rehearsal dinner, book rental items like linens, chairs, etc., hire an officiant and hire the musicians for the wedding ceremony.
- 6 months out – Finalise a lighting technician.
- 5 months out – Now is the time to book transportation for your guests and the two of you. This is also the right time to get the groom’s tuxedo and even book your honeymoon.
- 4 months out – Book a final tasting with your caterer, choose the wedding cake and buy wedding rings. This is also the right time for makeup and hair trial.
- 3 months out – Plan the menu, order the wedding invitations and decide wedding favours. This is also the right time to write your vows, choose readings and book an officiant.
- 2 months out – Send invitations for rehearsal dinner, schedule the first dress fitting and buy gifts for your wedding party. More importantly, it’s the right time to do a mock-up floral arrangement with your florist in Newcastle.
- 1 month out – Pay all your vendors in full to avoid any awkward moments during the wedding celebrations. Prepare a seating chart, finalise escort cards and break in your wedding shoes.
Wedding Flowers in Newcastle
Your search for the best wedding flowers Wedding in Newcastle ends at Katherine’s Florists Newcastle. With years of experience, our floral designers will work with you to bring your ideas to life. Give us a call today to discuss your requirement.